Sunday 21 December 2014

Pick up - Break down - Bring up

pick sb up    recoger a algn  I'll pick you up at seven o'clock.

pick sth up   recoger algo    I picked your bag up by mistake.
pick up         mejorar           We're waiting until the weather picks up a bit.

break down   estropearse, averiarse The washing machine has broken down.
(person) break down  venirse abajo I just broke down and cried
Break down (into)  dividirse  I've broken down the costs by country.

Bring sb up    criar       She was brought up by her aunt.
bring sth up   sacar algo (a colación), mencionar algo:

                                Every time I bring the matter up, he changes the subject.


Complete these sentences with pick up, break down and bring up

1.    Sales ………………………..a bit during the Christmas period.
2.    My parents …………….me ………..strictly.
3.    My car's………………………….., so I came by taxi.
4.    The company was ………………..into smaller units.
5.    While you're in town, can you …………………….my trousers from the Dry Cleaner?
6.    They didn't ………………….the subject …………..at the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment